Pieces of my (PhD-) Life

Today: Tired but still want to get these posts going.

14/May/2020

Hmmm, pitch black coffee in the morning in a big big mug and scrolling through tumblr, procrastinating and not wanting to look at the revisions your supervisor sent to you last night. That sounds like a great morning!

image

But then of course, I had to prepare the meeting that we had at 10 am. He asked me whether I was shocked or not happy about his changes... I don’t know, what should I’ve said? “Oh no, great, everything is perfect, I will just change the paragraph-like, Thomas-Mann-like LONG sentences.” I didn’t read it completely but I needed to re-readed some stuff because I just didn’t get some sentences. But he was fine with my “opinions” and of course I am going  to do the final revisions which I really prefer and like. But today I was just not feeling it.


Instead, I spent lunch time talking to my parents and selecting a book I am going to read. Really looking forward to that.

image

I talked to my plants


image


image


image

Then I started to learn about Brain tumors for the exam in a month... oh man, online exam... you guys must be pros at that by now (if you have any tips... let me know). I must say, I really appreciate that all the profs (voice-)recorded their lectures but it really takes me hours to go through one lecture... and the endless number of slides and knowing which slide is important is somehow more difficult. BUT I really really appreciate and am so grateful, I can just go back to a slide I didn’t understand and listen to what the prof said. - maybe that is why it takes me so long :D

image

I decided to have another (3rd) coffee in my favourite Moomin mug!

image

I finally left the house (since Saturday) to go grocery shopping.

I must say that today I was not as productive as the last few days and my mood gradually declined throughout the day. I was constantly distracted by the thought of doing something else, creating something, learning something new and creative. I want to pave a path for myself that could lead me to something other than research and academia. But then I remember that I want to become an aspiring researcher and for that I should spend my free time with reading journal articles and do more data analysis. I actually like it. However, I also have so many other things I like and want to become better at. I stopped working 100% during the weekend. I spend Sunday mornings watching Friends and drawing. I really enjoy and experiment with cooking. I love reading, exercising, planting, and writing and sometimes doing nothing.

Okay, I am writing my heart out. If you made it until here, I am proud of you. I am always happy and open to hear about your experiences as a grad/PhD student or as a student in general.

Sending you love and warmth.

Beliebte Posts