Pieces of my (PhD-) Life (prt 3)

Thoughts on procrastination and why “online” classes are demanding

15/May/2020

image

Yesterday I didn’t sleep well so my morning started late and slow. I had my porridge and my black coffee in this beautiful mug, depicting The Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Yes, I really like this mug, so please don’t judge.

image

Each of my mugs has a meaning, maybe I should write a about it, haha. I would be also interested in your mug-stories actually! 

I didn’t want to continue with the brain tumor lecture. But I knew that I had to.


I think I know what is demanding and boring about Power point talks (voice recordings per slide): When I get bored, I cannot listen to music to uplift my mood. So what I do after successfully finishing 2 slides without distraction, is to scroll through tumblr, check my emails (constantly anyways), and check my fav blogs. Forget about youtube, I know that I will be spending only 2 min there before I remember the lecture. And suddenly, the only two functioning cells in my brain think: You can listen to the power point talk while you scroll through tumblr. *yeahhh* *Great idea* My other brain cells wake up instantly.

This is why I procrastinate: There is no way I can make my lecture experience better. Meanwhile there are so many ways I can distract myself. And I think that occasionally checking emails won’t do any harm, I am still focusing... wrong! Multi-tasking doesn’t exists. I replay the slide and wonder why it takes me so long.

Interestingly, when I discussed the lecture with my boyfriend and told him about the new promising therapies in brain tumors, I realized that the hours spending with this lecture were worth it. I did remember quite a bit and actually enjoyed it. It just need to revise as soon as possible. And it is very important to take breaks! If I could just turn on my “This is so interesting”-cells and turn off the “I am annoyed by the quality of the recordings”-cells...

Yesterday when I was looking for the next book to read, I picked up this one by Max Frisch (not reading this at the moment), and when I opened the book, I saw these little beauties, I wanted to share with you:

image


image

A four-leaf clover which we think was already in there and a ginkgo leaf!

image
With this I am sending you lots of love and hope you have a great and happy weekend. My brain is not working properly so this post is not coherent probably at all. I am sorry for that but thank you so much for reading.

Beliebte Posts